Geology Lab 5 and Lab 6 Worksheet
Lab – Metamorphic Rocks
1. What can the mineral composition of a metamorphic rock tell you about the rock? Explain your answer.
2. What happens during metamorphism that results in the formation of new minerals?
3. If a rock is deep in the Earth, is it subjected to high or low pressure? Explain your answer using scientific reasoning.
4. At what type of plate boundary would you expect to find a metamorphic rock? Why is this true?
Experiment 1: Metamorphic Rocks Identification
Table 2: Metamorphic Rock Classifications
1. Record the parent rock classifications in the space below:
Unknown Rock S
Unknown Rock T
Unknown Rock U
Unknown Rock V
Unknown Rock W
Unknown Rock X
2. Which rock type do you think is the most difficult to identify: igneous, sedimentary, metamorphic? Why? Note: You may need to perform outside research if your lab manual does not include the labs covering igneous and sedimentary rocks.
© 2014 eScience Labs, LLC. All Rights Reserved
The post Geology Lab 5 and Lab 6 Worksheet appeared first on ExpertCustomWritings.
Assignment status: Solved by our experts