You have been asked to video-record a speech that will be shown to Standard English
students in preparation for the 2018 Higher School Certificate Examination.
The topic of your speech is:
Distinctive visuals allow audiences to understand the experiences
and perspectives of others in a way that allows for greater empathy.
To what extent is this conveyed through your prescribed text,
Run Lola Run and ONE other related text of your own choosing?
In your speech, you are to analyse and evaluate the extent to which people and their experiences are
brought to life through the distinctively visual.
The speech is to be no longer than 5 minutes and no less than 4 minutes in length.
SUBMITTING YOUR SPEECH
● Use iMovie, QuickTime or any other suitable video capturing application to record your
speech and then upload it to YouTube. You may also like to use an autocue .
● When you upload it to YouTube make sure that it is listed as UNLISTED and submit
your video to the 2018 Standard English Assessment Tasks (digital submissions)
As this is a recording of a speech, your video should not be edited in any way. This
includes the use of costumes, music, special effects or fading in or out. It is simply to be
a recording of a speech that you have prepared for the context of the task.
Present the task in the form of:
● A 4 – 5 minute speech.
You will be assessed on your ability to:
● Analyse and evaluate the extent to which distinctive visuals allow audiences to understand
the experiences and perspectives of others in a way that allows for greater empathy.
● Support your argument through the use of perceptive and detailed references from your
prescribed text, Run Lola Run, and ONE other related text of your own choosing.
● Compose a well structured, logical and sustained argument.
● Speak in a clear and engaging manner and with purpose for the intended audience.
The post Distinctively Visual – Run Lola Run
Assignment status: Solved by our experts