In 1500 words answer the question, “How do I relate to cultural narratives of what it means to be a man or a woman?”
This paper does not need to be a traditional intro/body/conclusion paper, nor will it necessarily use TEA paragraphs. This is your opportunity to be creative with your style and voice. Use the readings from this class as examples as well as sources.
In addition to the longer piece, you will also need to submit a 300-500 word rationale where you express the argument you were trying to make and how you tried to make it. This is the place to make your implied thesis explicit as well as explain any unusual moves in your paper. Think of this as your safety net. If you’re afraid I won’t get it, explain it here.
You will be required to include references to two outside sources.
If you’re having trouble thinking of what to write, here are some questions to consider (you don’t need to answer all of these).
• What is your earliest memory of gender?
• Where you ever “corrected” towards a certain gender identity
• When do you feel you transgress gender boundaries?
• When do you feel most like a man/woman/trans?
• When do you enjoy being a man/woman/trans?
• When are you conflicted about being a man/woman/trans?
• 1500 words (including rationale)
• Creative formatting and use of text
• References to 2 outside sources
The post Topic: Gender Negotiation
Assignment status: Solved by our experts