Successful students will typically be able to:
1) Acquire knowledge of the origins and history of social sciences and
how they fit into understanding and explaining social phenomena and issues.
2) Demonstrate an understanding of key concepts, e.g. stratification, gender, disability,
ethnicity, age, sexuality, health, geographic region, that can help to analyse
and explain the nature of social and demographic trends which relate to social
3) Demonstrate and understanding of the links between poverty,
inequality and the key concepts outlined above as being of significant
relevance to social work
Learning Outcomes: Skills and
4) Identify the important relationship between the media, research and
contemporary social and demographic trends.
5) Assess the quality of evidence exhibited in various data sources and
websites in relation to social work.
6) Identify, and utilise, the key social science variables that are most
useful in handling and analysing sources of data.
The post Knowledge and Understanding
Assignment status: Solved by our experts