Week 3: Research Critique Table, Framework, Model, and NIH Certification
This assignment provides the opportunity to continue the development of the evidence-based practice (EBP) project proposal by adding the research critique table, theoretical framework and change model sections. In addition, the student is required to complete the National Institutes of Health (NIH) certification regarding human subjects. The NIH information focuses on the history of the legal and ethical issues related to research and informed consent.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
CO#4 Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies (PO 1, 2, 6, 9)
DUE DATE Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week Three
TOTAL POINTS: 85 POINTS
Description of the Assignment
For this assignment students are required to continue the development of their EBP project proposal by adding the new sections of:
• Research Table Critique with reference citation and permalink for each reference
• Theoretical Framework
• Change model.
In addition, each student is required to complete the Protecting Human Research Participants (PHRP) course as presented by the National Institutes of Health.
Criteria for Content
Research Critique Table
• The PICOT/PICo question is presented after the title of the table
• Students will select four (4) research-based studies and complete the Research Critique Table following the format noted in the sample.
• All selected research-based articles must be consistent the selected PICOT/PICo question.
• Complete citation of selected research study is required in the column labeled as Citation
• Permalink for each research article is required and located in the column labeled as Citation
• Reference list is required located Research Critique Table
• The required column headings are:
o Purpose of the research
o Research design and sample
o Data collection methods
o Strengths and limitations (both must be identified for each research study)Theoretical Framework
• Explain the theoretical framework that will be used in this project consistent the PICOT/PICo submitted
• Describe how the theoretical framework is useful to the selected PICOT/PICo questionChange Model
• Explain the change model that will be used in this project
• Describe the steps within selected
• Describe how the change model is useful to the selected PICOT/PICo questionCompletion of PHRP Course as presented by NIH:
• All modules of the PHRP are required in order to earn the certificate of completion.
• Completed certificate is uploaded into the assignment following the reference list
• PDF format for the certificate is required
PREPARING THE ASSIGNMENT
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
Using your lecture materials and textbook, completed detailed critiquing of four (4) research-based
studies by creating a table using the column headings noted in the sample that is included in these
assignment guidelines.Only research-based studies are to be included in this table. The research-based article may use either
an quantitative or qualitative approach as appropriate to the identified PICOT/PICo question. For this
assignment, the selected references should avoid systematic research review (SRR), meta-analysis,
clinical practice guidelines, or any other secondary analysis articles.Identify this table as: Research Critique Table.One theoretical framework must be included and a reference cited for the information regarding the
framework. The selected theoretical framework is added after the Research Critique Table.One change model must be included and a reference cited for the information regarding the change
model and its steps. The selected change model is added after the theoretical framework.
The post Research Critique Table, Framework, Mode
Assignment status: Solved by our experts