COURSEWORK : ESSAY QUESTION
• Understand the human rights implications of the immigration and asylum issues addressed in the course.
• Know and understand the key principles of the Refugee Convention as applied in the UK.
• Critically apply substantive immigration and asylum law principles to real and hypothetical legal problems.
• Communicate information; critical argument and critical analysis relating to immigration and asylum law problems, both orally and in writing, identifying relevant issues and reaching reasoned conclusions in answer to questions posed.
• Undertake research in the area of immigration and asylum law, using relevant primary and secondary legal sources effectively, analysing and evaluating the law and arguments in application to the facts of a problem or an essay question.
• Critically evaluate immigration and asylum law principles in the context of the changing political climate in which this area of law operates
• Knowledge and understanding of the concept of Particular Social Group and same sex couples.
• Knowledge and understanding the place of trafficking within the definition of a refugee.
• Knowledge and understanding of human rights issues related to sexuality and relevant case law.
• Clear evidence of research into the subject area under discussion throughout the essay.
• Critical and reasoned analysis of legal and political issues raised by the question .
• Critical analysis of developments within this area with reference to a range of relevant case law and journal articles.
• Use of a range of resources, including journal articles.
• Clear structure and presentation.
• Reasoned conclusions on the development of the law in this area.
• Use of OSCOLA referencing.
The post Critically analyse the development of refugee law relating to claims based on sexual orientation
Assignment status: Solved by our experts