Persuasion and social influence: An analysis of arguments about
food and diet in the U.S.
How would social psychologists explain the tactics used to persuade and influence
diet choice in the U.S., both by the filmmaker, and institutions?
To successfully complete the assignment, it will be necessary to address the following
• Provide a brief overview of the film, “What the Health”, e.g., what is the filmmaker’s
goal? What are the main arguments? Etc. (10 pts)
• Next, incorporate both S.I., and S.S.P. to guide the paper. Include examples from
film/lecture to demonstrate the relevance of the perspectives. (20 pts)
• Pair the perspectives with a theory about persuasion and social influence. Each
perspective should be aligned with a separate theory. Include examples from the
film/readings detailing relevance of choice. (20 pts)
• Include a minimum of two terms from our readings (any terms from the first 9 chapters is
acceptable) to further support your discussion. Include examples from the film/readings.
• Finally, conclude the paper with suggestions for future research considerations about the
subject. Include examples from readings and lecture to argue why the research method
would be useful. (10 pts)
Other grading criteria
• Citations and References should be formatted in either APA or ASA style; minimum of
7 citations/3referencesshould include: class notes, textbook, peer-reviewed journals.
You are not required to cite the film, but are welcome to include additional websites, e.g.,
newspaper articles, census data, polling data, and other secondary data to supplement
your paper. (10 pts)
• Length/format of paper should be min/max 4-5 pgs., double-spaced, typed, 12 pt. font,
Times New Roman, Ariel, or similar font style, 1 inch margins (10 pts)
• Due by March 25th by beginning of class, via Canvas in PDF format.
The post How would social psychologists explain the tactics used to persuade and influence diet choice in the U.S., both by the filmmaker, and institutions? .
Assignment status: Solved by our experts
Reflection Paper Persuasion and social influence: An analysis of arguments about food and diet in the U.S. 100 pts How would social psychologists explain the…