ALL QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ANSWERED
• Let’s say that you are the prescribing NP discharging a patient from an inpatient stay with various medications. What precautions would you take in choice of medication, amount of medication, ensuring mental health follow-up?
• Identify follow-up recommendations or protocols you would follow for three different types of psychotropic medications. Address ongoing frequency of face-to-face visits as time goes on.
• How would you handle refill calls when someone has not come for their recommended follow-up appointment? Are there any liabilities you would be concerned about? If so, what are they?
• Look for guidelines regarding refilling psyhotropic medications and the frequency of visits. Share the guidelines and reference in your discussion.
• What are you to do if you are terminating a patient? What are the ethical and safety guidelines for this?
• What strategies will you use to keep your patients med-compliant?
Provide evidence-based rationales/research regarding med compliance/liability/etc.
The post Topic: Nursing Psychopharm
Assignment status: Solved by our experts