Analysis and Planning
You have been hired as part of the network security team at UMUC. After completing orientation and training, your manager calls you into a meeting to discuss your first project.
The university has completed the implementation of the leased building in Adelphi, Maryland. The university realizes it needs to secure the faculty, students, and visitors network and data. With your background and skills, the university is looking to you for guidance. In addition to helping the university secure its network, you are required to obtain your CompTIA Security+ certification within 60-days of being hired.
As you will recall, the university leased building in Adelphi, Maryland was designed and implemented via the following layout:
You’ve been asked to perform network security analysis and planning, secure the boundary devices, hosts, and software; and secure the data at rest and in transit. Your deliverable should explain the requirement, propose a solution, and justify the solution. You should make use of the TestOut LabSim material to create the task, and study for CompTIA Security+ certification. You should also make use of other sources as required. It is important that your deliverable explain the technical issues in layman’s terms. Before you begin, make sure to review the Network Security Proposal (Parts 1-3).
PART 1: Analysis and Planning
In this section, students will address each of the following:
· Define the vulnerability assessment requirement, propose a solution, and justify the solution.
· Students should review the text and example provided but do not include it with their submission. Delete the text and include you own.
· Define the security policy requirement, propose a solution, and justify the solution.
· Students should be specific when defining the overall security outlook for the organization.
· Define the risk management requirement, propose a solution, and justify the solution.
· Students should describe the process, its value to the organization, and use proper terminology.
· Define the business continuity plan requirements, propose a solution, and justify the solution.
· Student should describe the activity in detail, and include each of the plan types.
· Define the access controls requirement, propose a solution, and justify the solution.
· Students should be specific with the type of access control model they select.
Students will find the majority of information working through the TestOut LabSim labs. Students should seek additional information to include in each submission as described in the overview by searching scholarly journals and other credible sources as appropriate. Reputable technical websites can be considered a credible source, but make sure to include at least two scholarly sources for each part of the Network Security Proposal.
The post Analysis and Planning appeared first on ExpertCustomWritings.
Assignment status: Solved by our experts