Information Security Planning
Z:RESOURCESGRAPHICSWordmarksLU_Wordmark_CMYK.JPG Project 4
Information Security Planning
I. Hackerstorm Open Source Vulnerability Database (OSVDB)
Review the definition of HTTP cookies at: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Cookies
Adjust the Advanced View settings of your Folder Options by opening File Explorer (Windows logo key + E), then selecting ‘View’ at the top of your screen, and selecting ‘Options’ on the far right. Once there, click on the ‘View’ tab, and adjust the setting as outlined below:
Once that is complete, open Internet Explorer and browse to YouTube.com, Facebook.com and Wikipedia.com.
Open File Explorer to view the stored Cookies.
· In Windows 7, the Cookies folder is located at: C:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindowsCookies
· In Windows 8, the Cookies folder is located at: C:UsersusernameAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsINetCookies
· In Windows 10, the Cookies folder is located at: C:UsersusernameAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsINetCookies You can also access is through the Run Dialog Box by entering ‘shell:cookies’
· On Mac Computers, the Cookies folder can be found by clicking on the Go > Go to Folder and typing: ~/Library/Cookies
NOTE: On a PC, to view the location where Windows Internet Explorer stores
its’ Cookies, you must open Windows Explorer and change the Folder
Options under the View tab to ‘Show hidden files, folders, and drives’
and uncheck ‘Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’
Open a few of the available ‘.cookie’ files using Notepad and view the contents of the files.
II. Exploit Database
Browse to the https://www.us-cert.gov website and review the regularly updated summary of the most frequesnt, high-impact types of security incidents currently being reported to the US-CERT.
III. DISA IASE STIG Database
Browse to the https://www.stigviewer.com/stigs website. Locate the ‘Windows 10’ Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG).
Review each of the STIGs relative to Windows 10.
· Part I: In a Microsoft Word document, paste screenshots of the contens of one ‘.cookie’ file. In two sentences, outline how HTTP Cookies coorelate to Footprinting. In addition, outline how the information obtained in cookies might be utilized in the Information Assurance process.
· Part II: Within the same Microsoft Word document as utilized for the previous validation requirements, paste a screenshot of the 7th most recent security incident currently being reported to the US-CERT. In addition, explain in two sentences, in your own terms, why it is important to stay up to date on security incidents such as those being reported to the US-CERT.
· Part II: Within the same Microsoft Word document as utilized for the previous validation requirements, paste a screenshot of the details of the V-63423 Finding ID. In addition, in two sentences, explain why implementing the DISA STIG guidelines is recommended in ensuring that a system is secured.
Attach the Microsoft Word document to the Blackboard Submission for this assignment.
Submit this assignment by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 4.
Page 1 of 2
Page 2 of 2
The post Information Security Planning appeared first on ExpertCustomWritings.
Assignment status: Solved by our experts