Topic for the course:
· Enterprising America and the World
For this Critical Thinking Assignment, you are to develop a summary response essay. This should build on the work you submitted to the discussion board for this week. Be sure to accurately decipher your assignment. Review the following link for more information on this topic:
· Decode Your Assignment (Links toan external site.)
Instructions for writing a summary response paper are included in the lecture. Be sure to refer to these prior to delving into the content of your paper. Your paper should accomplish the following:
1. Introduction: Thesis statement, information about the article.
oBe sure to note key information in the article: author, time and place of publication and article title.
oBe sure to note the main thesis of the article that includes the authors key ideas and intentions.
2. Summary: Your analysis of the article. Be sure to write in the objective third person.
oRefer to the author and not the article during your examination of key points as articles are inanimate.
3. Response (body paragraphs): Note where you agree, or disagree with ideas, and points the author asserts in the article.
oBe sure to paraphrase and cite in-text as you develop academic paragraphs that have a topic sentence, evidence, and analysis of the ideas you are exploring.
4. Conclusion: Note the main implications of the article, any gaps you see in the research, or where you think you can look further for information.
Expand on your group discussion post in which you summarized an article.
Required elements to turn in with submission:
· Appendix – following references
· Feedback from Smarthinking tutors
oPattern of error log (Template found in the Module folder.)
· Length: 2-3 pages (not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include)
· Use third person (Links to an external site.).
· Assert your academic voice.
· Cite at least one source for this assignment.
oYou will have to cite several peer reviewed credible sources in your final portfolio project, so start exploring sources now and start saving them to a reference management system. Mendeley (free) and RefWorks (fee-based) are good resources.
oIn academic writing, it is always best practice to cite credible sources, such as a scholarly journal article. Your work here in this paper can lead to building content for your final paper due at the end of the course, so be cognizant about source quality.
· Your paper must be formatted according to APA formatting
The post Enterprising America and the World .
Assignment status: Solved by our experts
Introduction Topic for the course: · Enterprising America and the World Instructions For this Critical Thinking Assignment, you are to develop a summary response essay. …