Assignment 4: Comparing Factors that Lead to Underdevelopment
1. Write A FIVE (5) OR SIX (6) PAGE PAPER, in which you: Identify the two LDCs which you will compare and assess. Explain why you chose these two countries you will use for Comparing and Contrasting.
2. You must STATE why you are interested in examining the same problems in your two countries.
LDCs-NIGERIA & KENYA
TWO FACTORS TO COMPARE AND CONTRAST-
1) human trafficking and sexual exploitation of adults and children
2) governmental corruption
Sample of paper format attached.
3. Use at least seven credible sources. Do not use sources that are older than seven years.
4. Wikipedia, encyclopedias, dictionaries, blogs and other material that does not qualify as reputable academic source work at the college level. Do not use sources that are older than seven years.
5. Source: United Nations, 2014
It may help you to be familiar with the concept of poor governance, because this often plays a significant part in why a country is underdeveloped. According to the World Bank, governance is defined as how power is exercised in the management of a country’s economic and social resources for development. Therefore, if good governance is synonymous with sound development management, then poor governance means a government has failed to deliver desirable outcomes for its people. This could mean that officials are corrupt, not transparent with their decisions, unqualified to make decisions in the first place, or prone to make decisions based on racism, tribalism or ethnicity — all of which are very common practices in LCDs.
6. The most common factor used to decide whether countries are underdeveloped nations is through the Human Development Index. Countries that are underdeveloped in nature offer poor health care, few educational opportunities, a low average life expectancy, a low number of job opportunities, few recreational facilities, poor economic growth, a low standard of living and a poverty-stricken life.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double-spaced (no extra spacing between paragraphs), using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
Citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date (do not include an abstract).
The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. Graphs, tables and photographs are not counted toward the length of the paper; only what you have written as text itself.
The post SOC300 Comparing Factors That Lead To Underdevelopment .
Assignment status: Solved by our experts