This document contains several case study project titles, from which you should choose one.
For your chosen title, you are required to:
1. Write a 3,000 word report; and
2. Write a statement not exceeding 500 words reflecting on how completing the Case Study module has contributed to your learning and development and how the skills you have developed may be applied in your future career
Please also refer to the Case Study Project student instructions issued separately
Case study 4 –Technology and governance
This case study is primarily concerned with technology and corporate governance. Technologies such as Blockchain and the distributed ledger are enabling decentralisation of organisations. Both the employees and the clients are keen to move away from the decentralised and hierarchical structures towards transparent and inclusive approaches which give people more choice and control.
Please read the following article:
Please note this website only permits users access to three free articles per month. You will therefore need to take care regarding how frequently you access it.
Prepare a 3,000 word report. The report should contain the following sections:
1. A description of what is meant by Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (‘DAO’) and Blockchain technology
2. An investigation and analysis of DAO and traditional ‘corporate governance structures’ within organisations. You should refer to the wider literature and your own research in order to give a comprehensive analysis and show your understanding
3. Considerations and a reasoned conclusion as to what issues law firms may face if DAOs become used more widely
4. A statement not exceeding 500 words concerning your learning and development, the significance of the case study and how it may be applied in your future career.
Your report you should meet the following seven assessment criteria, where appropriate.
1. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the relevant area;
2. Analysis of complex legal, factual, business and/or management issues, as appropriate;
3. Application of knowledge and understanding to the task;
4. Ability to select and use appropriate information in support of the argument;
5. Ability critically to evaluate information as appropriate;
6. Ability to reach a clear and reasoned solution to the problem(s) raised in the task, addressing any ethical and commercial issues, as appropriate;
7. Ability to communicate using a clear and logical structure and language appropriate to the task.
The post Write a statement not exceeding 500 words reflecting on how completing the Case Study module has contributed to your learning and development and how the skills you have developed may be applied in your future career
Assignment status: Solved by our experts