1. How is a data mining different from a database?
2. Present an example where data mining is crucial to the success of a business.
3. Explain the difference and similarity between discrimination and classification, between characterization and clustering, and between classification and regression
4. Describe three challenges to data mining a regarding data mining methodology and user interaction issue.
Outline the major research challenge of data mining in one specific application domain, such as stream/sensor data analysis, spatiotemporal data analysis, or bioinformatics
6. Briefly outline how to compute the dissimilarity between objects described by the following: (a) Nominal attributes (b) Binary attributes (c) Numeric attributes
7. Briefly outline how to compute the visualization techniques described by the following: (a) Pixel-oriented (b) Geometric-based (c) Parallel coordinate
Assignment status: Solved by our experts