For you first essay you will consider the topics of expansion, imperialism, and the relationship of world powers. Based upon the course readings you will write a 4-page essay (in addition to a cover page and Works Cited page) that analyzes the relationships between European society and African, Asian, and American societies during the first age of imperialism and the limits of European expansion, particularly in Asia.
When thinking about how to write your essay remember that a well written paper includes:
– An introduction with a clear thesis statement (argument) that is underlined (see more on how to write a thesis statementand a conclusion summing up your findings and argument.
– Several body paragraphs that include quotations along with from the assigned readings only (no outside sources or research) to support your thesis statement and claims.
– Think about organizing your paper by continent (one section of you paper focuses on the Americas, another on Europe, etc.)
– Historical analysis (see more on what historical analysis looks like
– Analysis should always follow a quote or paraphrased piece from the assigned readings.
– You do not need a Works Cited page!!
When writing and editing your paper keep in mind that you we will be using Turnitin to check for plagiarism.
4 pages minimum
an underlined thesis statement in your introduction
typed, Times New Roman, 12 point font, double spaced
1 inch margins
MLA style citations in the paper
reference to assigned course readings
Assignment status: Solved by our experts