Describe your understanding of how diversity, equity, and inclusion are related.
This assignment supports the student learning objectives 3, 7, & 8.
The concepts and topics that we have studied in this lesson are:
1. Describe your understanding of how diversity, equity, and inclusion are related. Chapter 1,2
2- How are resilience, social belonging, and social and emotional awareness related to diversity and equity? Chapter 3,4
3. We constantly hear that play is reduced in classroom environments. Why do you think play is important in children’s lives and what do they learn from play? What can we do to ensure that children have plenty of time to play? 5, 6
4. Think about a time when you had a diversity struggle with a child in your class or a family member. How could you have used the tools in Chapter 7 to come to a fair conclusion? Chapter 7, 8
5. After reading the “Two Mommies” scenario in Chapter 9, describe your thoughts on how this scenario deals with cultural differences and how do you feel about each employee’s response to their own cultural response? why? Chapter 9, 10
6. Teachers will encounter many different scenarios similar to those in Chapter 12. Have you already had a similar experience? If yes, please share what happened and how you or someone else responded to the children. If you haven’t experienced this before, please answer your reaction to the following: A young boy playing in the dramatic play area. He is wearing a dress and high heels. The father of the little boy comes to pick him up and notices that his son is wearing a dress. The father’s body language indicates that he is upset, so he asks the teacher to leave and says: “I never want to see my son wear a dress again.” Then he tells his son to get out of the clothes and it’s time to leave. How would you deal with this and why? Chapter 11,12
7. How would you feel if you were taking care of a child who had different (perhaps even contradictory) religious beliefs from yours? What do you need to do to ensure that the beliefs of the child and family are respected and honored in your classroom? Chapter 13.14
8. Can you think of other examples of privilege and oppression? If so, what? If not, what might that mean? Chapter 16,15
This is the link for the lesson book
Role of Equity and Diversity in Early Childhood Education
Assignment status: Solved by our experts