College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Course Name: Quality management
Course Code: MGT 424
Student’s ID Number:
Semester: First Semester 2021
Academic Year: 1442/1443 H
For Instructor’s Use only
Instructor’s Name: Dr. Salem Alanizan
Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of 5
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
1. The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
2. Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
3. Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
4. Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
5. Late submission will NOT be accepted.
6. Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
7. All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
8. Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
9. Assignment -3 should be submitted on or before the end of Week- 13 .
· The Assignment`s learning Outcomes:
In the 3rd assignment, the students are required to read thoughtfully the Using Six Sigma DMAIC to improve the quality of the production process: case study , and answer the related questions, upon successful completion of the assignment the student should be able to:
1. Recognize the importance of quality management theory, principles, and practices applied in businesses on national and international levels.(CLO1)
2. Use quality improvement tools and practices for continuous improvement to achieve the organizational change and transformation ( CLO3)
3. Develop analytical skills of identifying pitfalls, or quality concerns through assimilated and strategic planning.(CLO4)
Instructions to access the case study:
· Using Six Sigma DMAIC to improve the quality of The production process: a case study , Monika Smętkowska, Beata Mrugalska*Instructions to read the case study’
Access the below link to download directly the case study PDF:
Through SDL https://sdl.edu.sa/SDLPortal/ar/A-ZDataBases.aspx
Using Six Sigma DMAIC to improve the quality of the production process: a case study
This case study discusses the application of six sigma as one of the common tools to improve the quality and practice continues improvements. The paper is supported by practical example of the DMAIC implementation ( one of the Six sigma methods), which presents the efficiency of such practice on the processes quality level. Read the case, by using your critical thinking skills answer the following questions:
1- Using your own words, explain in brief the idea behind six-sigma concept, and how it does benefit the business? ( 1.5 Mark) ( 100 -150 words)
2- Describe the main stages of DMAIC as indicated in the case study. ( 1.5) ( 100 – 150 words)
3- From your point of view, which one of these stage is more critical, and Why? ( 1 Mark). ( 100 – 120 words)
4- Assess the application of DMAIC on the company ( production process) in term of its implementation and results efficiency ( 1 mark ) ( 100 – 120 words)
Assignment status: Solved by our experts